Economic decisions in the healthcare area are often between affordability and sustainability. How can patient advocacy groups influence reimbursement decisions is an important question.
Presentation at the WECAN Academy 2019:
Affordability and sustainability. Difference between HTA and payer perspective. What is Europe’s challenge? How to influence reimbursement decisions as a patient advocate?
Presenter: Zack Pemberton-Whiteley, Acute Leukaemia Network
The following presentation held at the WECAN Academy 2019 will help you to understand:
- The basics of affordability and sustainability of healthcare systems
- The difference between HTA and payer perspective
- The specific challenges across Europe, especially the east-west divide on GDP, pricing and access
- Sustainability and reimbursement are decisions on the national, not EU level – but that this explains opposition of MS to give EU any say in pricing and reimbursement, as it’s not the EU budget which is affected
- How to influence reimbursement decisions as a patient advocate
- How to position as patient advocate between a rock and a hard place, between affordability and sustainability