Virtual collaborative work meetings
Patient organisations and other non-profit associations are often widely spread and meeting face to face requires significant time and travel budget. However, the smart use of video conferences in combination of online collaboration tools can make these meetings very productive. This checklist should support you in organizing and holding this kind of meetings online very effectively and productively.
- Collaborative brainstorming of a small or medium size group
- Discussions to define or refine strategies or work plans
- Defining the intended outcome and priorities
- Planning the agenda and (reasonable) timing
- Choose and set up the technical platform
Choose the platform, set up the meeting (e.g. on Zoom or GoToMeeting)
- Set up online collaboration and interaction tools (see also example GroupMap)
- Invite participants
- Prepare speaker briefings and review their presentations
- Manage and moderate the virtual meeting
- Manage presentations
- Moderate a Q&A
- Use interaction tools
- Make outcomes available to participants
This is released under Creative Commons NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. You may share (copy and redistribute) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon) this. However you must give appropriate credit to WECAN, a license notice and a link to the original material. For example “Adapted from (title of this document, link to this document) of WECAN under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0“. If you build upon this material, you must distribute your version under the same license as the original (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
Written by Jan Geissler, 11/6/2020, V1.0. If you have any suggestions for changes or amendments, we would appreciate your email to email@example.com.